Getting started with our new Streaming Channels (beta).
- Click the + button next to channels.
- Select Streaming and give your new channel a name, and hit that Create button.
Now your channel is created, let's have a look around.
1. These control to get you started quickly from left to right are :
- Share your Screen - Turn on Camera - Join Voice
2. If you want others to join you in your new channel, you can send them a direct link, click copy and share with your friends and members.
3. Join voice button.
Each streaming channel has its own regions. Click the cog on the channel and select stream settings, here you can adjust the Voice bitrate up to 256kbps and choose the best region for your server.
- Note: If you swap regions while connected, there will a brief disconnect while the server region changes.
Share your screen or application window, and you will be presented with a new choice of controls.
1. If there are several of you streaming, you can decide whether or not you want to have a grid view to view everyone's stream or focus view if you want to watch one particular stream.
2. These are your controls; as you can see, the share screen button is highlighted when sharing your screen. You can choose to share your camera, mute, deafen, or end your stream.
3. These controls are for Popping out your screen, display in Theatre mode, display in full screen, and the cog to access your voice and video settings.
You can pause your stream or anyone else's by hitting the 3 dots in the corner of the steam, giving you the option to Pause, Mute, or Deafen.
If you are streaming and using the pop-out player, you will get a banner letting you know. Closing the pop-out player will resume your view of the steam back in the channel as before.
It is important to note that while in beta, the streaming channels do not capture screen or game audio and exclusively captures microphone audio. We will have support for audio options before this channel type is moved out of beta.