How to use the Calendar for your events!
Setting up a Calendar event is quick and easy for whatever purpose - here's how.
Create a Calendar channel
- Click the + to create a new channel.
- Select Calendar and give the channel a name.
It's important to note that the timezone setting for your Calendar is linked to your server settings. To adjust your calendar timezone, follow these steps:
- Go to server settings > overview.
- You'll find the timezone setting that determines the timezone for your Calendar.
- Click on the timezone setting to choose the appropriate timezone from the available options.
Ensuring your server timezone is set correctly allows you to align your calendar events and appointments with the appropriate timezone. This ensures that your Calendar operates accurately based on your desired timezone.
Create an event
You have two options to add a new event to the Upcoming view of your Calendar. Follow these steps:
- Click on Create an event or locate the + icon at the top right corner of the Upcoming view.
- Clicking either of these options will open the event creation form.
- To create an event from the Month view, click the + in the date box's corner and follow the same steps above.
- Enter a name for your event.
- Timezones are shown locally to each user.
- Events can be color-coded to your choice.
- Decide if you want your event to be single or recurring.
- In these fields, you can add additional information to your event.
Allow RSVPs: Slide the toggle switch on if you want attendees to indicate their interest in joining your event. This helps you gather a headcount and manage attendance effectively.
Limit Attendance: If you want to restrict the number of participants, you can set a maximum limit of up to 100 attendees. This ensures you can control the capacity and provide a manageable event experience.
Restrict Roles: By utilizing this option, only specified roles can RSVP to the event. This allows you to tailor the event to specific groups or individuals within your community.
Fill out a Form upon RSVP: To gather additional information from attendees, you can create a customized form or poll. This helps you collect relevant details or preferences related to the event.
Once you have configured these settings and provided all the necessary information, remember to hit the Create button to finalize the event creation process.
To invite members to your event, you have two options based on your preferences and requirements:
Select All: If you have restricted roles and want to invite all members who belong to the specified roles, you can choose the "Select All" option. This allows you to invite all eligible members with a single action quickly.
Alternatively, you can invite members individually by selecting specific people you'd like to invite. This option provides flexibility and allows you to tailor your invitations to specific members
By utilizing these invitation methods, you can ensure that the right members are invited to your event, whether it's a broad invitation to all or a more personalized approach.
During the event, there are two important indicators to note:
Chat Channel Creation: A dedicated chat channel will be automatically created 15 minutes before the event starts. Look for the green bar to locate the chat channel.
Event Start Indicator: When the event begins, the event thread and the event itself will show a green indicator. This lets you know that the event is active and ready to engage.
Calendar views & joining events
- In the Upcoming view, we present all your scheduled events in an organized, easy-to-follow list format for you. This list provides a clear overview of your upcoming events, allowing you to stay on top of your schedule with a quick glance
- By selecting the Month view, you can enjoy a classic calendar grid display that showcases all your events throughout the month. This view provides a comprehensive overview of your schedule, allowing you to visualize your events in a traditional calendar format. Easily spot important dates, plan your activities, and manage your time effectively
On Guilded, you can conveniently access all your events through the Overview page, the Calendar channel, or your own aggregated Calendar.
Overview Page: The Overview page is a centralized hub where all your events are displayed. You can find a comprehensive list of upcoming events, giving you a quick overview of what's on your schedule.
Calendar Channel: The Calendar channel provides a dedicated space for managing events. It offers a comprehensive view of all scheduled events in a calendar format, enabling you to navigate through different dates and plan accordingly easily.
- Aggregated Calendar: Great if you have multiple events scheduled across different servers.
Additionally, the Overview page and the Calendar channel allow members to indicate their attendance. This feature ensures seamless coordination and enables event organizers to keep track of participants.
Joining Voice & Chat channels for a calendar event
To access the event channel and join the discussion, follow these simple steps:
Look for the option to Join chat or click on the active thread related to the event. This option becomes available 15 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
By clicking Join chat, you will be directed to the event channel where participants can engage in discussions and interact with each other.
View your event attendance
As an event organizer or with the appropriate permissions, you can easily view the status of invited members and make changes if needed. Here's how:
- Open the event and click See all
- In this list, you can view the status of each invited member, indicating whether they have RSVP'd or not.
- If you have the necessary permissions, you can change the status of invited members as needed. This allows you to update their attendance status or make any necessary adjustments.
By having access to the status of invited members and the ability to make changes, you can effectively manage the attendee list and ensure accurate attendance tracking. This feature enables smooth coordination and ensures that event planning remains flexible and well-organized.