Calendars are like your personal command center for scheduling and organizing events within your server. With the power to plan gaming sessions, team meetings, and all sorts of exciting happenings, calendars keep everyone on the same page. You can create events, set reminders, and even invite specific members. Plus, the ability to sync your events with your external calendar keeps you on track across platforms. It's your ultimate tool for making sure no raid, match, or important discussion gets overlooked.
What's covered in this article
- Creating a Calendar channel
- Setting your timezone
- Create an event
- Advanced tab
- Inviting members
- Calendar view
- View event attendance
- Joining an event
- Cancel an event
- Export calendar
- Click the + to create a new channel.
- Select Calendar and give the channel a name.
It's important to note that the timezone setting for your Calendar is linked to your server settings. To adjust your calendar timezone, follow these steps:
- Go to server settings > overview.
- You'll find the timezone setting that determines the timezone for your Calendar.
- Click on the timezone setting to choose the appropriate timezone from the available options.
Ensuring your server timezone is set correctly allows you to align your calendar events and appointments with the appropriate timezone. This ensures that your Calendar operates accurately based on your desired timezone.
You have two options to add a new event to the Upcoming view of your Calendar. Follow these steps:
- Click the + on the date you want to create an event on or locate the + icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Clicking either of these options will open the event creation form.
- Craft a captivating name for your event that captures its essence.
- Timezones are thoughtfully displayed in the local time of each user, eliminating any confusion.
- Put your personal touch on events by color-coding them to align with your preferences.
- Choose whether you prefer your event to occur once or on a recurring basis.
- Within these fields, you can provide further details and information about your event.
- Private event: events that can only be seen by the event creator and invitees.
Allow RSVPs: Slide the toggle switch on if you want attendees to indicate their interest in joining your event. This helps you gather a headcount and manage attendance effectively.
Limit Attendance: If you want to restrict the number of participants, you can set a maximum limit of up to 100 attendees. This ensures you can control the capacity and provide a manageable event experience.
Restrict Roles: By utilizing this option, only specified roles can RSVP to the event. This allows you to tailor the event to specific groups or individuals within your community.
Fill out a Form upon RSVP: To gather additional information from attendees, you can create a customized form or poll. This helps you collect relevant details or preferences related to the event.
Once you have configured these settings and provided all the necessary information, remember to hit the Create button to finalize the event creation process.
To invite members to your event, you have two options based on your preferences and requirements:
Select All: If you have restricted roles and want to invite all members who belong to the specified roles, you can choose the "Select All" option. This allows you to invite all eligible members with a single action quickly.
Alternatively, you can invite members individually by selecting specific people you'd like to invite. This option provides flexibility and allows you to tailor your invitations to specific members
By utilizing these invitation methods, you can ensure that the right members are invited to your event, whether it's a broad invitation to all or a more personalized approach.
- In the Upcoming view, we present all your scheduled events in an organized, easy-to-follow list format for you. This list provides a clear overview of your upcoming events, allowing you to stay on top of your schedule with a quick glance
- By selecting the Month view, you can enjoy a classic calendar grid display that showcases all your events throughout the month. This view provides a comprehensive overview of your schedule, allowing you to visualize your events in a traditional calendar format. Easily spot important dates, plan your activities, and manage your time effectively
On Guilded, you can conveniently access all your events through the Overview page, the Calendar channel, or your own Aggregated calendar.
Overview Page: The Overview page is a centralized hub where all your events are displayed. You can find a comprehensive list of upcoming events, giving you a quick overview of what's on your schedule.
Calendar Channel: The Calendar channel provides a dedicated space for managing events. It offers a comprehensive view of all scheduled events in a calendar format, enabling you to navigate through different dates and plan accordingly easily.
- Aggregated Calendar: Great if you have multiple events scheduled across different servers.
Additionally, the Overview page and the Calendar channel allow members to indicate their attendance. This feature ensures seamless coordination and enables event organizers to keep track of participants.
As an event organizer or with the appropriate permissions, you can conveniently monitor the status of invited members and make modifications if required. Here's how:
Open the event and click on See all to access the list of invited members.
In this list, you can easily track the status of each invited member, whether they have RSVP'd or not.
If you possess the necessary permissions, you have the flexibility to adjust the status of invited members as needed. This allows you to update their attendance status or make any necessary changes.
By having access to the status of invited members and the ability to make modifications, you can effectively oversee the attendee list and ensure accurate attendance tracking. This feature facilitates seamless coordination and ensures that event planning remains adaptable and well-coordinated.
To access the event channel and join the discussion, follow these simple steps:
Look for the option to Join chat or click on the active thread related to the event. This option becomes available 15 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
By clicking Join chat, you will be directed to the event channel where participants can engage in discussions and interact with each other.
If you wish to cancel an event, you can do this from the overflow menu on the event or you can cancel from the event details page.
The Cancel event box will show and you can add a reason for the cancellation if you want. This will let others know why the event was canceled.
If you have an event you want to add to your personal calendar, it's quick and easy
Select the event you want to add to your calendar, click the overflow menu and select Export to calendar then follow the prompts to add it to your personal calendar of choice.
Prefer video tutorials?
Check out our YouTube channel for more step-by-step guides