How to use the Calendar for your events!
Setting up a Calendar event is quick and easy for whatever purpose - here's how.
Create a Calendar channel
- Click the + to create a new channel.
- Select Calendar and give the channel a name.
- Important: Your calendar timezone depends on your Server settings; you can find these in Settings > Overview.
Create an event
- To create a new event in the Upcoming view, click Create an event or the + at the top right.
- To create an event from the Month view, click the + in the date box's corner.
- Enter a name for your event.
- Note: Timezones are shown locally to each user.
- Events can be color-coded to your choice.
- Decide if you want your event to be single or recurring.
- In these fields, you can add additional information to your event.
The Advanced tab gives you additional options for those you want to invite.
- Allow RSVPs: Slide the toggle on if you want people to indicate their interest in joining your event.
- Limit attendance: You can restrict the number of people who can attend to a maximum of 100.
- Restrict roles: if this option is used, only roles specified will have the ability to RSVP to the event.
- Fill out a form upon RSVP: you can create a form or poll for your event to gather additional information from individuals attending.
- Once you've finished, don't forget to hit Create!
- You can invite members to your event by selecting all (useful if you have restricted roles) or inviting them individually.
- The event will automatically create a chat channel 15 minutes before your event starts, indicated by the green bar.
- When the event begins, the indicator will turn green in both the event thread and the event itself.
Calendar views & joining events
- Upcoming: we will show all your events in list form.
- Month view: This will show all your events in a classic calendar grid view.
- All events are shown on the Overview page and the Calendar channel. Members can also indicate their attendance here.
Joining Voice & Chat channels for a calendar event
Click Join chat or the active thread to access the event channel.
- Click to Join voice and/or use text chat for the event discussion.
View your event attendance
You can view the status of invited members, with the ability to change it if you have the correct permissions.