- Enjoy high-quality audio bitrates of up to 256kbs for a seamless voice chat experience.
- Organize your team communications better by creating custom voice rooms within your voice channels for easy navigation.
- Use the broadcasting feature to quickly send messages to all voice rooms at once, perfect for raid leaders and team managers.
- Directly chat with individual team members without interrupting the whole group by using the whisper feature, which allows multiple whisper hotkeys at once.
- Use the priority speaking hotkey to make your voice stand out over the rest of the chatter. Sometimes you just need a megaphone!
Creating a voice channel
If you haven't done so already, create a voice channel.
Select the Voice channel type and give your channel a name. Click Create.
- Add more rooms to your voice channel by clicking Add a voice room.
Voice room settings
Right-click on a voice room name, click Settings from the pop-out menu or click the cog icon while hovering your mouse over the voice room.
Rename or set the user limit for the room by using the slider. Click Update when finished.
Voice channel settings
Click the cog icon to access voice settings.
The voice chat bitrate is set to 96kbps by default; lowering the bitrate can improve performance if anyone has a poorer connection.
Optimize your voice chat experience by changing the server region to improve ping.
- Select the best ping for your server.
- Click continue to confirm the region change. All users connected to voice chat will have a brief disconnection when the server is changed.
- When you're connected to a voice channel, your avatar will appear in the voice channel and a green dot will show on the channel. You'll also see the voice control panel at the bottom left of your window, which allows you to mute, deafen, or hang up.
- Invite friends to your voice channel, click on the Invite button and select friends from the list, they will receive a notification inviting them to join.
That's it! You're ready to start chatting.
For more information on your voice settings, head over to Setting up your Voice Settings