- We have significantly improved quality and stability. We added the most powerful servers, allowing you to chat with zero downtime and 256kbs audio bitrates - all 100% free.
- Voice rooms. Create custom voice rooms within your voice channels, allowing you to organize your team comms better and jump between conversations on the fly.
- Broadcasting. With a hotkey press, leaders can now broadcast a message to all voice rooms at once - great for raid leaders.
- Whispers. Now you can chat directly with anyone, without speaking to the whole group, with just the press of a hotkey. You can whisper to any combination of members, and you can have multiple whisper hotkeys active at once.
- Priority speaking, because sometimes you need a megaphone. Use your priority speaking hotkey to make your voice stand out over the rest of the chatter.
Tip: Voice chat will always work better on the desktop app; if you join Voice chat in a browser session, you will get a pop-up warning before joining the voice room.
Creating a voice channel
If you haven't done so already, create a voice channel.
Select the Voice channel type and give your channel a name. Click Create.
- Add more rooms to your voice channel by clicking Add a voice room.
Voice room settings
Right-click on a voice room name, click Settings from the pop-out menu or click the cog icon while hovering your mouse over the voice room.
Rename or set the user limit for the room by using the slider. Click Update when finished.
Voice channel settings
Click the cog icon to access voice settings.
The voice chat bitrate is set to 96kbps by default; lowering the bitrate can improve performance if anyone has a poorer connection.
You can change your voice server region to improve ping.
- Select the best ping for your server.
- Click continue to confirm the region change. All users connected to voice chat will have a brief disconnection when the server is changed.
- Your avatar will show in the voice channel you're connected to. A green dot will indicate that you're connected to Voice chat, and the voice control panel will appear at the bottom left of your window, where you can mute, deafen and hang up.
- Invite friends to your voice channel, click on the Invite button and select friends from the list, they will receive a notification inviting them to join.
That's it! You're ready to start chatting.
For more information on your voice settings, head over to Setting up your Voice Settings