Managing your voice settings
- Head to your settings by clicking the cog icon in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to the Voice and video section. Here you can test your mic, set your keybinds, and set up your camera if you have one.
- Select your microphone and speakers/headset from the dropdown lists.
- You can also test your mic and adjust your volume using the sliders.
- Check your volume here. If it's too loud for you, it's probably too loud for everyone else.
- If your preference is voice activity, you can manually adjust your sensitivity or allow the app to do it for you by toggling on Automatically determine input sensitivity.
- If using Push-to-talk, set your preferred keybind here.
- Additional keybinds can be assigned if the role has the correct permissions.
- You can set your keybinds directly in a voice channel from the right-hand panel.
- Echo cancellation: used to improve voice quality by preventing echoes from being captured or created
- Noise suppression: Suppresses background noise from your mic
- Auto gain control: Enables voice normalization
- Audio ducking: Lowers the volume of other applications to make it easier to hear other users
- Select your camera from the dropdown list and test your video feed if you have a camera.
Whispers, Broadcasting, and Priority Speaker
Is voice chat not working as expected? Check out our article on Voice Troubleshooting.
For more information on voice channels, check out our article Setting up a Voice Channel.