- In Single Elimination brackets, each match decides if a team progresses farther in the tournament or is eliminated.
- (Example) Round 1 (8 teams) > Round 2 (4 teams) > Round 3 (2 teams) > Winner
Round Robin - Swiss
- In Round Robin Swiss brackets, each team plays a match against other teams of similar standing.
- (Example) Round 1 (64 teams play; 32 teams win/ 32 teams lose) > Round 2 (32 winners of previous round play each other; 32 losers of previous round play each other) > etc.
Round Robin - Standard
- In Round Robin Standard brackets, each team plays a match against every other participating team. A win is +1 points; a loss is -1 or +0 points (the tournament organizer chooses). After all rounds, the team with the highest amount of points wins the tournament.
- (Example) 8 teams > 7 match rounds > most points determine the winner at the end
- In Leaderboard brackets, all teams play against each other simultaneously, and there are no eliminations. Team scores are calculated by summing up individual players' scores in that team. After all rounds, the team with the highest score is deemed the winner. This bracket is great for battle royale and racing games.
- (Example) Round 1 (8 teams) > Round 2 (8 teams) > Round 3 (8 teams) > winner is determined by highest team score at the end