At Guilded, we always work to improve and optimize the platform to provide you with the best possible experience. This means that from time to time, updates are released to ensure the platform runs smoothly and efficiently. However, there may be instances where your version of Guilded is outdated or has become corrupted while updating.
Before we dive into troubleshooting, here are a few preliminary checks to make:
Installation Issues: If you're experiencing troubles while installing the app, it's worth checking if any third-party software is running that could interfere. Temporarily disabling such software might resolve the issue.
Unsupported Operating Systems: Please note that Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are no longer supported for the Guilded desktop app. However, you can still access Guilded via a web browser that supports these operating systems.
If any of the above didn't resolve the issue, lets walk through how to clear the appdata
- Close Guilded in the system tray and make sure all Guilded processes are terminated in your Task Manager (ctrl alt del)
- Make sure you have closed all sessions, including those in a browser.
- Next, either use Win + R type in the following
- %AppData% - find guilded and delete that folder
- %LocalAppData% - find guided-updater and delete that folder.
- Restart your pc/laptop
- Reinstall Guilded from our Downloads page: https://www.guilded.gg/downloads
Still not working? head back over to %localappdata% locate the guilded-updater folder, open that and right-click on the installer and Run as Administrator