Managing your voice settings
- Head over to your user settings but clicking the cog icon in the bottom right corner.
- Navigate to the Voice and video section. Here you can test your mic, set your keybinds, and set up your camera if you have one.
- Select your microphone and speakers/headset from the dropdown lists.
- You can also test your mic and adjust your volume using the sliders.
- Check your volume here. If it's too loud for you, it's probably too loud for everyone else.
- If your preference is voice activity, you can manually adjust your sensitivity or allow the app to do it for you by toggling on Automatically determine input sensitivity.
- If using Push-to-talk, set your preferred keybind here.
- Additional keybinds can be assigned if the role has the correct permissions.
- You can set your keybinds directly in a voice channel from the right-hand panel.
- Echo cancellation: used to improve voice quality by preventing echos from being captured or created
- Noise suppression: Suppresses background noise from your mic
- Auto gain control: Enables voice normalization
- If you have a camera, select your camera from the drop-down list and test your video feed.
Whispers, Broadcasting, and Priority Speaker
Voice chat not working as expected, check out our article on Voice Troubleshooting.
For more information on setting up voice channels, head over to Setting up a Voice Channel.