Creating, archiving, and restoring Threads.
Conversations can quickly get lost in a chat channel, which is frustrating when you want to refer to something later. Not anymore! Threads are a great way to keep a topic going without cluttering up the main chat channel.
Creating a thread
- Click the Create thread icon on the menu for the message you want to respond to.
- This action will create a thread within the chat channel. Send a message to start the thread.
- The thread you have made will be nested under the chat channel it was created in. You can revisit a thread by clicking any of the areas indicated in this image.
Archiving and restoring a thread
Note: A thread will automatically archive itself after 24 hours of inactivity unless you toggle this option off in the More options overflow menu.
- To access the thread menu, click the More options menu icon (3 vertical dots) as indicated.
- To access all archived threads, click the menu on the right.
- You can restore the thread by clicking Restore at any time.
Renaming a thread
You can rename your thread to make it easier to find later.
- From within the thread, you can click on Thread's name to change it!
- If you don't want your members creating threads, you can toggle off the permission in Roles.