Learn how to use Message replies, multi-replies, private replies, and Moderator view.
The ability to send private replies is a role permission under Chat permissions. This is disabled by default, and server owners and admins will need to enable this for their members to use Private replies.
Let's look at the type of replies you have, and the different colored highlighted messages mean.
- Blue is a message selected to send a reply.
- Yellow is when you have received a reply and mentioned, you will receive a notification.
- Purple is a Private Reply and will show that at the bottom of the message. [role permissions required]
- Lavender is the Moderator view for Private replies [role permissions required]
- To reply to a message, hover over (or long-press on) a message and hit the reply button.
- The message selected will be highlighted in blue.
- A new bar will appear above the chatbox, telling you who you are replying to. At the end of this bar there are three icons, mentions, private reply, and close.
- Mentions are enabled by default and will notify the recipient that a reply has been made to their message.
- If you don't want to mention (ping) someone, click the @ button to disable it.
With multi-replies, you can reply to up to five messages at once. Just keep hitting that button on each message you want to reply to and watch the replies stack up.
- Each message you want to reply to will be highlighted in blue, select up to 5, type your message, and press send!
Note: you can't mix reply types; e.g., you can't include private replies with non-private replies.
- If you want to cancel any of your reply selections, before you hit send, hover over the message that you don't want to reply to and click the button to remove it.
With private replies, you can reply to messages without everyone else in the channel listening in.
The ability to send Private replies is disabled by default. Server owners and admins will need to enable this for their members to use Private replies. This can be found under Server settings >Roles > Chat permissions.
- If you want to send a private reply, click the button, this will turn purple to let you know that you have selected it. Type your message and press send. The message will be highlighted in purple and show that it is a private reply. Anyone that responds to that message will automatically reply privately. If you change your mind, click the button again to deactivate your private reply.
- You can quickly send a private reply using the /w command
Note: You can't turn off the private replies toggle when replying to a private message. The reply must be private.
Canceling a reply
- If you change your mind and don't want to send a reply, hit the button on the reply bar to cancel at any time. This applies to all reply types.
This is important for Admins or Moderators of a server and allows you to view private replies in the event of a complaint or disputes that may arise during the day-to-day running of your server.
How to enable Moderator view.
The role permission needs to be toggled on for any roles you want to access the moderator view.
- Head over to your Server settings > Roles > General permissions
- To use Moderator view in any channel, click the at the top right corner of any chat channel and click the toggle to on to enable the ability to see all Private replies.
- A bar will appear at the top of your screen when toggled on, indicating the Moderator view is active.
- Messages viewed in moderator view show with the lavender highlighted color
- To exit Moderator view, click the Disable button.