Guilded's versatile reply features are an excellent tool for organizing chat conversations. Let's explore each one:
- Message Replies: Respond directly to a specific message in a channel. This handy feature helps you keep track of different conversations happening simultaneously.
- Multi-Replies: Save valuable time by responding to multiple messages at once.
- Private Replies: Ensure privacy by sending messages to an individual or a small group without others seeing them. Ideal for confidential or sensitive conversations.
- Moderator View: A valuable tool for moderators, providing an easy way to monitor channel activity, manage discussions, and swiftly address any issues.
These features enhance your Guilded messaging experience, making it smoother and more enjoyable. Please note that the ability to send private replies is a role permission, disabled by default. Server owners and admins can enable this option under Chat permissions, allowing members to use private messages.
Reply types are color coded so you can quickly identify what kind of reply you are using.
- Blue is a message selected to send a reply.
- Yellow is when you have received a reply that mentions you, and you will receive a notification.
- Purple is a Private reply and will show that at the bottom of the message. [role permissions required]
- Lavender is the Moderator view for Private replies [role permissions required]
- To reply to a message, hover over (or long-press on) a message and hit the reply button.
- The message selected will be highlighted in blue.
- A new bar will appear above the chatbox, telling you who you are replying to. At this bar's end are three icons: mentions, private reply, and close.
- Mentions are enabled by default and will notify the recipient that a reply has been made to their message.
- If you don't want to mention (ping) someone, click the @ button to disable it.
With multi-replies, you can reply to up to five messages at once. Keep hitting that button on each message you want to respond to and watch the replies stack up.
- Each message you want to reply to will be highlighted in blue, select up to 5, type your message, and press send!
Note: you can't mix reply types; e.g., you can't include private replies with non-private replies.
- If you want to cancel any reply selections, hover over the message you don't want to reply to before you hit send and click the button to remove it.
With private replies, you can reply to messages without everyone else in the channel being able to view them.
The ability to send Private messages is disabled by default. Server owners and admins will need to enable this for their members to use Private messages. This can be found under Server settings >Roles > Chat permissions.
- If you want to send a private reply, click the button, this will turn purple to let you know that you have selected it. Type your message and press send. The message will be highlighted in purple and show a private reply. Anyone that responds to that message will automatically reply privately. If you change your mind, click the button again to deactivate your private reply.
- You can quickly send a private reply using the /w command
Note: You can't turn off the private replies toggle when replying to a private message. The reply must be private.
Canceling a reply
- If you change your mind and don't want to send a reply, hit the button on the reply bar to cancel at any time. This applies to all reply types.
This is important for Admins or Moderators of a server and allows you to view private replies in the event of a complaint or dispute that may arise during the day-to-day running of your server.
How to enable Moderator view.
The role permission must be toggled on for any roles you want to access the moderator view.
- Head over to your Server settings > Roles > General permissions
- To use Moderator view in any channel, click the at the top right corner of any chat channel and click the toggle to on to enable the ability to see all Private replies.
- When toggled on, a bar will appear at the top of your screen, indicating the Moderator view is active.
- Messages viewed in moderator view show with the lavender highlighted color
- To exit the Moderator view, click the Disable button.