Learn how easy it is to create a bot in Guilded without a single line of code.
Bots have triggers and actions, there are many options to choose from, but in this article, we will show you how to make a simple bot to respond to a message with a video link.
How to make a bot
- Head over to your server settings
- Click on the Bots page and click Create a bot
- Give your bot a name. If you want to change the icon, click on the icon and upload your own
- Let's add a flow. Click the Add a flow button.
- Each bot needs a trigger and an action. Go ahead and click Add
- Click Select on the trigger Member sent message to channel
- You will now see the Trigger details. Here you can choose what channel you want the bot to respond to and from which member or role the message was sent. Using the drop-down lists, you can also decide if you want the exact phrase or when the message contains a particular word or phrase.
- In this example, we have used Hello world, click Next
- With your Trigger now complete, you now want to add an Action. Click Add
- Actions have many options, this tells the bot what to do, and for this example, we are going to use Send a custom message, click Select
You can choose which action you want the bot to use from the drop-down list and which channel you want it to post.
Note: You must add the bot to the channel permissions of its destination channel.
If you want the bot to respond with content such as message, an image, video, poll, or form, it's entirely up to you!
- You can customize your message by typing $ to access the templating menu.
- For this example, we will be mentioning the user that triggers the bot and linking a video in the message.
- If you don't want a notification sent to the $TriggeringUser slide the toggle on Sends without notifications
- If you want to send the message privately, slide the toggle on Send as a private message.
- You will now see your triggers and actions together, now click Save
- The bot is now ready to Save
- If at any time you want to edit your bot or add new flows, click the menu then Edit
- Let's see how the bot looks in action.
That's all there is to it. How creative will you get with the bot builder?