What is the Guilded API?
The Guilded API is a tool we provide that enables any user to create bots and automate actions on your Guilded servers. We are constantly building out more API functionality and encourage you to join the official Guilded API server here to keep updated on the newest changes or to ask for help from our community. You can learn more about our API using our documentation available here.
Note: Using the Guilded API requires programming knowledge. If you're looking for a code-free way to make bots, check out our guides on flow bots.
How to get started using the Guilded API
- Click the server header on a server you want the bot hosted from and select Manage bots.
- You can view our existing bots from here, but let's create a new one by selecting Create a bot in the upper left corner.
- Give your bot a name and hit Create. This name can be changed later.
- From here, hover over the banner or avatar to upload new images, you can edit the name of the bot, and you can give it a description.
Note: Make sure to be descriptive and unique if you plan on publishing your bot.
- Go to the API tab, and the first thing you will see here are links to our API documentation and the official Guilded API server.
- Lower on this page, we can publish bots if the server privacy is set to Default or Public. Publishing the bot will enable it to be invited to other servers and be found in our Bot Discovery.
- We can also set a prefix for commands sent to our bot.
- Finally, at the bottom of the pageyou can use the button on the right to generate a token. You will use this token to tie your code to a Guilded bot. Keep this token private, as it gives direct access to your bot.
To learn more about how the API works, it's essential to read through and reference our API documentation. If you don't want to write code directly using the API, you can also take advantage of code libraries built by our community. To find these, please check out the #Libraries channel on the Official Guilded API server.