Once you have connected Patreon to your server, you can import triggers for your campaign's tiers and pledges. With this information, you now have access to three Patreon bot triggers:
- Patreon tiered membership created when a member pledges to your Patreon campaign
- Patreon tiered membership updated when a member has made any changes to their pledge.
- Patreon tiered membership canceled when a member cancels their Patreon pledge.
Bot triggers can be used in conjunction with the Bot builder's actions for several automated flows, including announcing when new members have pledged or automatically assigning pledges roles.
To make setting up a Patreon bot as easy as possible, we have a Default bot that you can add with Patreon triggers set up, and you can configure it to suit your needs.
- To add this bot, navigate to Bots in your server's settings and select Add on the Patreon Bot.
This Patreon bot, by default, will send a custom message when you get new Patreon subscribers or cancellations, but let's add a new flow to grant a role to those who subscribe.
- Start by adding a new flow by clicking Add above the existing flows.
- In the Add a flow modal, under trigger, select Add.
- Locate the trigger Patreon tiered membership created and hit Select.
Note: If your Patreon campaign includes multiple pledge tiers, they will automatically populated in the Membership tier drop-down. For this example, we will set this trigger to Any tier. Once you've configured, hit Next.
Add a flow modal, go to Action, and then hit Add. Locate the Assign role action and then hit Select.
Under Action details, a drop-down labeled Role to assign will become available, featuring all available roles on your server for this trigger.
Note: if you have multiple roles you want to assign, depending on the pledge tier, you will need to create a flow for each of these (but don't worry, you can clone flows in your bot and edit them to suit your needs).
- Select the role you wish to assign for this trigger, and then hit Next.
- Hit Save to complete this flow.
- Next, you may want to create a second flow to undo this role assignment if a member chooses to cancel their pledge. You can clone the flow you just created by hitting the ⋮ icon to the right, and then edit to change Patreon tiered membership created to Patreon tiered membership cancelled, and Assign role to Remove role. Then, hit Save.
- Give your bot a name and image, and then hit Save changes. You now have an automated process for assigning and removing roles from your server members when they create or cancel pledges to your campaign.
Note: Members will need to have a Guilded account and have connected their Patreon account in their connections settings.
Don't forget to give your Patreon bot permissions to post in the channel of your choice.