Ready to connect Patreon to your Guilded server? Let's do it! First, you'll link your Patreon and Guilded accounts. Head to your Settings, click Connections, and follow the steps to add Patreon.
Next, connect Patreon to your server. Go to your server settings, click Integrations, and then Add next to Patreon. Follow the steps, and you're all set!
Now you can set up Patreon bot triggers based on your campaign's tiers and pledges. There are three triggers you can use:
- Patreon tiered membership created: This happens when someone pledges to your Patreon.
- Patreon tiered membership updated: This happens when a member changes their pledge.
- Patreon tiered membership canceled: This happens when a member cancels their pledge.
You can use these triggers to announce new pledges or give patrons special roles automatically. To simplify things, we have a default Patreon bot with these triggers ready to go. You can customize it however you like. Let's get started!
Note: To use the Patreon bot on your server, members must have a Guilded account and connect their Patreon account in their Connections settings.
- To add this bot, navigate to Manage Bots
- To access the Patreon bot, navigate to the Server bots list in the left panel, click on the Patreon Bot and click Add bot.
- If the 'Add bot' option is grayed out, it is likely because you still need to complete the necessary steps to connect Patreon to your server. Make sure to connect your Patreon account in your settings first, head over to your server settings, click 'Add' next to the Patreon integration, and follow the prompts.
Now, let's set up a new flow on the Patreon bot that will automatically grant a role to new subscribers. Start by clicking on the Patreon bot under the suggested bots section in the left panel. By default, this bot will send a custom message for new Patreon subscribers or cancellations, but with this new flow, subscribers will automatically receive a specific role upon signing up.
- Start by adding a new flow by clicking the Flows tab
- In the Add a flow modal, under trigger, select Add.
- Locate the trigger Patreon tiered membership created and hit Select.
Note: If your Patreon campaign includes multiple pledge tiers, they will automatically populate in the Membership tier drop-down. For this example, we will set this trigger to Any tier. Once you've configured it, hit Next.
Add a flow modal, go to Action, and then hit Add. Locate the Assign role action and then hit Select.
Under Action details, a drop-down labeled Role to assign will become available, featuring all available roles on your server for this trigger.
Note: You must create separate flows for each role to assign multiple roles based on the pledge tier. But don't worry, you can easily clone the flows in your bot and edit them to fit your needs.
- You can select the role you want to assign for this trigger and then hit Next.
- Hit Save to complete this flow.
- Next, you may want to create a second flow to undo this role assignment if a member chooses to cancel their pledge. You can clone the flow you just created by hitting the ⋮ icon to the right and then edit to change Patreon tiered membership created to Patreon tiered membership canceled and Assign role to Remove role. Then, hit Save.
- Give your bot a name and image, and then hit Save changes. You now have an automated process for assigning and removing roles from your server members when they create or cancel pledges to your campaign.
Remember to give your Patreon bot permission to post in the channel of your choice.