Adding the YouTube bot is quick and easy.
- Set the YouTube channel you want to see the latest videos from
- Decide where you want the results to post on your server, and you're set!
- The YouTube Bot will take care of the rest.
Let's show you how to add the YouTube bot to your server!
- Head over to your server settings
- Select Bots, then under Default bots, click add next to the YouTube Bot
- Now click the 3 dot menu and click Edit
- Click the Edit button on the YouTube video published flow
- Go to the YouTube channel you want to follow and copy the link, paste that link into the YouTube Channel URL field and click Next.
Important: YouTube channel links can be used in the following formats
- Channel URLs containing the channel id
- Custom YouTube URLs
- Channel id on its own [eg: UC_-1XIhVjWmjrcIVkltONkQ ]
Note: Playlists links will not work in bot flows
- In the Send a custom message flow, click the Edit button if you want to make any changes here.
Note: If you are happy with the default setup, go ahead and click Save.
- In this flow, you can change the channel you want your bot to post to from the drop-down list, and you can edit the message in the With content field. Customize the content of the message. In the message field, type $ to access your Templating options.
Important: You must ensure that the YouTube bot has permissions for the channels it is posting to, or the bot may not work as intended.
- Once you are happy with your changes, click Next, then click Save