Welcome to our guide on the Howdy Bot! This friendly bot is one of the built-in options that helps you greet new members with a message when they join your server. It comes with a pre-made flow that you can easily edit to fit your server's style. Let's learn how to make the most of the Howdy Bot!
- Head over to your server settings and select Manage bots
- Select Howdy bot from the Server bots menu and click Add bot
- If you want to edit the flow to use a custom message, click Flows, then click the three dots and select Edit.
- Click the Edit button on Member joined
- Choose from the drop-down list your preferences
Any means: someone joins your server in any way – directly, by invitation, or because their application was accepted.
An invite (with no application): means someone joins your server directly using an invitation link.
An application: means someone applies to join your server, and you accept their application.
- Click Next when you're happy with your choices.
If you want to change the message sent to new members, click the Edit button on Send a custom message.
- Pick a channel: Choose where you want the welcome message to appear.
- Write your message: You can type $ to see different options for your message.
- Private message: If you want the welcome message to be private, toggle on Send as a private message.
- Click Next to continue setting up your bot.
- Once you're happy with your bot, click Save.
Now, your bot can give new members a personalized welcome!
Important: the bot must be added to the destination channel permissions.