The Howdy Bot is one of the default bots offered to welcome new members with a message when they join your server.
- Head over to your server settings
- Click bots, then click add next to Howdy bot
- If you want to edit the flow to use a custom message, click the three dots and select edit.
Note: If you are happy with the default setup, click Save.
- Click the Edit button on Member joined
- Choose from the drop-down list your preferences
Any means A member who joins either directly, by an accepted application, or by invitation.
An invite (with no application): For members joining using a direct invite.
An application: If a user applies to your server and the application is accepted.
- Click Next when you're happy with your choices.
If you want to change the message sent to new members, click the Edit button on Send a custom message.
- Choose the chat channel you want your custom message to appear on, and then customize the content of the message. In the message field, type $ to access your Templating opt ns. Click Next
- Once you're happy with your bot, click Save.
That's it your bot is now ready to welcome everyone that joins your server!
Important: the bot must be added to the destination channel permissions.