Markdown styles & shortcuts
In addition to the text editing toolbar, which is featured both atop all docs, announcements, and forum posts, as well as in the form of the mini editor upon highlighting text, you can modify your text with the standardized markdown formatting syntax. A handful of useful markdown styles is featured below.
Note: Some markdowns can only be used in Announcement, Forum, and Docs channels.
- Bold: **Bold**
- Underline: __Underline__
- Italic: *Italic*
- Strikethrough: ~~Strikethrough~~
- Spoiler: ||Spoiler||
- Code: `Code`
- Code Block: ```Code Block
- Quote: > Quote
- Divider: ---
- Emoji: :Emoji:
In addition to text styling, the editing tools also support shortcuts for creating bulleted, nest bullets, and numbered lists.
- A hyphen (-) followed by a space on any new line will create the start of a bulleted list.
- Hitting the tab key while on a bullet will nest the line as a sub-item of the previous bullet.
You can tap the down key to start an unformatted new line to escape your list.
- Beginning any new line with 1. will create a numbered list.
- As with bullets, the tab key will create a new sub-item of the previous line.