Forums have a place in our hearts and are a great way to start some great discussions, share victories you want to preserve the memories of, or whatever else you want!
Here we show you how to create a forum for your server. Forums are usually best kept together in a Category if you use more than one.
Creating a forum
- Click the + icon to create a new channel.
- Select the Forums channel type. Give your channel a name, then click Create.
- You're now ready to create your first forum post!
You can include images, videos, code blocks, polls, and forums within your topics using the shortcuts on the editor bar.
- For actions you can perform on forum topics, go ahead and click on the menu
- Share topic to another channel in the server, select the channel you want it to post to, add a message, and click Share
- how your post looks when you have shared it.
- Copy link, useful if you share servers! Once you click Copy link, you will receive a confirmation that the link is Copied to clipboard
- Then go ahead and post it to the channel of your choice
Tip: highlight a word and press Ctrl/Cmd V to paste the link to create a hyperlink
- Edit topic to make any changes. To edit a topic, click on the post and select Edit topic. Once you're happy with your changes, click Update
- Pin topic to the top of the forum channel, select pin, and the topic will stay at the top of your forum channel, indicated with a yellow bar on the left.
- Lock topic so no one can send any replies, great for information posts! This will be indicated with a padlock icon.
- Move to channel allows you to move the topic to another forum channel. Click Move to channel, select the forum you want to move it to, and click Move.
- Delete topic. This action cannot be undone. If you decide you want to delete a topic from the menu, select the Delete topic option. A confirmation box will appear, and you'll be prompted to confirm the action by clicking the delete button.