How to set up & manage groups
Creating a group is a great way to organize your server, especially if you have separate teams, play more than one game, or keep things better organized.
Each group has its own categories and channels.
How to create a group
- Click the + in the leftmost column or from Settings > Groups.
- In the Create a group window, you can fill in the necessary information and preview your changes in the panel on the right.
- Add an avatar, give your group a name, add a static or animated emote, and add a game (optional).
- Decide if you want to open your new group to all members or restrict access by selecting the appropriate roles in the Membership dropdown menu.
- You can add additional roles or individual members if you limit group access.
Note: if you do not toggle on Restrict, who can view this group, all members of your server will be able to follow the group, meaning they will have visibility of the channels and interact with them.
- Add a description for your group, then click Create.
- Your new group has been created and will be nested under your server home avatar.
- Access your group settings by heading over to Settings > Groups,
Tip: you can create groups from this section by clicking Create a group.
- You can also access the group settings by right-clicking the group tile
You can change the individual group settings, including the Group Name, membership, and avatar.
- Once you've added groups to your server, you may want them displayed in a different order on your server page. Drag and drop your groups to your desired order, and don't forget to click Save.
- Tip: if you want to change your default group, drag the selected one to the Default position. You will need to confirm this selection.
- Click the + under the Server home avatar.
- Join the groups that apply to you.
- You can leave a group at any time by clicking the Leave button.
- Or by right-clicking the group avatar and selecting Leave
Archiving a group.
You have the option to archive a group should you wish to restore it at a later date or keep it for prosperity!
You can do this by either right-clicking on the group tile and selecting archive or from the groups tab from your server settings.
To restore an archived group, head over to server settings > groups, click on the Archived tab, click the menu, then Restore.