How to set up & manage groups
Creating a group is a great way to organize your server, especially if you have separate teams, play more than one game, or just want to keep things better organized.
Each group has its own categories and channels.
How to create a group
- Click the + in the leftmost column or from Settings > Groups.
- In the Create a group window, you can fill in the necessary information.
- Add an avatar, give your group a name, and add a game (optional).
- Decide if you want to open your new group to all members or restrict access by selecting the appropriate roles in the Membership dropdown menu.
- If you limit group access, you can add additional roles or individual members.
- Add a description for your group, then click Create.
- Your new group has been created and will be nested under your server home avatar.
- Access to your group settings, by either going to Settings > Groups, you can Create a group from here
- In the group itself by clicking the Settings button
- Right-clicking the group avatar
You can make any changes to the individual group settings including changing the Group Name.
- Click the More options menu icon (three vertical dots).
- From this menu, you can view your group, access your settings, or remove the group.
- Once you've added groups to your server, you may want them to display in a different order on your server page. Drag and drop your groups to your desired order, and don't forget to click Save.
- Note: if you want to change your default group, drag the selected one to the Default position. You will need to confirm this selection.
- Click the + under the Server home avatar.
- Join the groups that apply to you.
- You can leave a group at any time by clicking the Leave button.
- Or by right-clicking the group avatar and selecting Leave