Creating & Managing Doc channels
Docs channels are used to organize your server's documents (Docs, for short). Docs are text documents that can be anything you need them to be, whether that's strategy guides, tutorials, community rules, top ten most pettable doggos — whatever.
Docs are equipped with a host of features to help you craft your document just how you want it. Here's a quick overview of some of those features:
Docs take full advantage of our robust text editor, including all the options you'd expect, plus a few others. We also support several familiar markdown options. Here's a few of them:
- Bold: **Bold**
- Underline: __Underline__
- Italic: *Italic*
- Strikethrough: ~~Strikethrough~~
- Spoiler: ||Spoiler||
- Code: `Code`
- Code Block: ```Code Block
- Quote: > Quote
- Divider: ---
- Emoji: :Emoji:
- Docs support images, GIFs, and video media, which can be uploaded from the main toolbar or pasted directly into the doc.
- You can also share links, which will display inline:
Our Docs also support internal links, which you can use to share messages, media, and even other docs within your doc. Give it a shot!
You can also spice up your docs with embedded forms. Forms come in two... forms:
- Forms: fully-customizable multi-entry questionnaires. Perfect for gathering lots of types of information from your members.
- Polls: lightweight, single-question forms. Supports multiple choice and multiple select question types. Perfect for fun, simple questions.
You can take full advantage of plenty of other features in your docs, like @mentioning server members, roles, or groups, or pointing readers to other channels and threads with the # prefix. These will help you ensure the right people see your docs and make sure those people know where they need to go from there.