Creating and managing Forms
Forms are a great tool to use within your server. They are a flexible way to ask your members those all-important questions and gather the information all in one place. We'll show you how to create these for your channels.
Tip: If you wish to keep the form results confidential to your server admins, toggle off the permission on any role you don't want viewing the results.
Creating a form
- In chat channels and threads, click the + icon to access the menu and select Form.
- Click the forms icon and choose Form in Doc, Forum, list, announcement, or Calendar channels.
- Here is a description of each answer type.
- Give the form a title and description, then fill in the form content. Choose the answer type from the drop-down box. Repeat this step for each question you ask.
- If you want the question to be optional, slide the toggle on
- Click Preview at any time to view your new form to see how it looks before saving.
- Once you're finished building your form, click Create.
- Your form will appear like this until you hit enter on chat or the publish button in Docs, Forums, Announcement & or Calendar channels.
- Your form is now ready for members to fill out!
Viewing the results
- Click View Results to see the responses.
- You can view a summary of the responses or toggle to see individual answers.